Out of State Drivers
Charged with DUI or DUID while visiting Colorado?
Many people drive in Colorado when here on business or pleasure. If you are an out-of-state resident charged with a DUID while visiting in Colorado it is important to hire an attorney for the following reasons:
- You are subject to being prosecuted in Colorado as if you lived here and are subject to the penalties of jail, treatment, driver’s license revocation, and probation as Colorado residents are.
- Ann Toney PC, DUI Defense Law Firm is skilled at representing out-of-state residents and has represented clients from Florida, Wisconsin, California, Maryland, Arizona, Michigan, Nevada, Texas, Illinois, and other states.
- You do not want to have to travel back and forth between your home state and Colorado for each of your court dates.
- Ann Toney PC, DUI Defense Law Firm has been successful in navigating the court system to allow out-of-state clients to only appear when necessary for specific court appearances.
- There may be specific sentence conditions for out-of-state clients which may be less harsh than if you were a Colorado resident. This depends on which county you are being prosecuted in and which judge you have.
- If as part of your penalty you are sentenced to supervised probation, there is the issue of either having your probation transferred through the Interstate Compact to your home state or serving your supervised probation long distance.
- Ann Toney PC, DUI Defense Law Firm has successfully handled many probationary sentences either by way of unsupervised probation, transferred probation to the client’s home state, and long distance supervised probation.
There is a good chance that what happens to your driving privileges through the Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) here in Colorado will affect your driving privileges in your home state.Feel Free To Call Us 303-399-5556 Feel Free To Contact Us